Boost Your Business With Business Blogs!
At this point, I have put a lot of emphasis on personal blogs, but there is entirely different side to blogs that has become more and more popular over the past few years. Business blogs
have become an inexpensive yet effective way to market any product, service, or company website. If you are a small business owner, blogs are a dream come true. If you are a small business owner and you don’t have a blog, you are missing out on thousands of potential
customers and thousands of potential dollars. Here’s why:
1. Blogs are a great way to share information about your product, service, and company. The Internet is based on information-sharing, and blogs expand on that.
2. Blogs are easy to update. In fact, you can update a blog with a click of a button. Can you do that with an ad campaign...I don't think so.
3. Blogs are on the Internet. Needless to say, your potential audience is huge.
4. Blogs are inexpensive. Unlike other forms of advertisements that cost thousands of dollars to run, blogs don't have to cost you a dime.
5. Blogs are user-friendly and interactive unlike other forms of advertising. People are much more likely to read and comment on a blog than they are to call a toll-free number that they saw in an advertisement.
6. Blogs forge relationships that ad campaigns cannot. Blogs allow for open and casual communication between you and your customers. Open communication with your customers creates trust and loyalty among them. Being there to respond to their questions and comments make them all the more willing to try your products and services.
Have it Hosted or Host Your Own?
If you are a small business owner with a limited budget, using a hosted website such as Blogger.com is the way to go. You can get going right away and you probably don’t need all the bells and whistles that go along with downloading blog software and hosting a blog on your own server. Also, if you ever want to make the switch and host it on your own server, many hosted blog sites allow you to connect blogs rather easily.
However, if you are a large and reputable business looking to start a blog, hosting your own is probably in your best interest. You will have complete control over your blog, it will have more of a professional look and feel, and you can customize your blog anyway you like. However, hosting your own blog comes with a price, but usually costs no more than $20 per month.
So now you know why and where to start, but what should you put on your business blogs? Here are a few ideas:
- New product offerings
- Company news
- Frequently asked questions
- Contests and Promotions
Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds are important as well. If you don't know what RSS feeds are, look to the left and click on the "what's an RSS feed?" link. RSS feeds allow readers to subscribe to your blog and get updates whenever you add something to the blog. This way you don't have to send out emails or newsletters everytime you make a post.
After you know what you are going to write about, actively promote your business blogs by submitting your blogs to blog search sites and directories. Non-business blogs can and should be submitted to directories as well. This is a vital part to the success of your blog. Also, make sure you regularly update your business blogs to keep your readers coming back for more.
To see a list of blog search sites and directories, move onto Blog Directory.
< Last Next >Business Blogs to Home